The Netherlands is committed to choice in education.
- The OECD international rankings for school systems puts the Netherlands as one of the highest in performance annually.
- Compulsory education under Dutch law applies to children of all nationalities from 5 to 18 years who are residing in the Netherlands.
- Children are leerplichtig (under a learning obligation or leerplicht) at 5 years old for 12 years of full-time education, and one or two years part-time (until the attainment of a diploma).
- There are multiple types of schools: Public (openbare) schools, Private schools, Internationals schools, Private internationals schools, Special schools and Ipad schools.
- Dutch secondary education (voortgezet onderwijs) is distinquished in: VMBO, HAVO and VWO levels.
Check out the exhibitors at the Expat Fair about Education.