Expat Survival Guide
Moving abroad is an exhilarating, life-changing experience. That is, once the practical aspects are settled. It first can be a daunting process while you try building a new life in an unknown language and culture. Where do you begin?
That is why we have made a special guide to answer all your questions, the Expat Survival Guide. The Expat Survival Guide assists your first essential steps: finding a home and job, organising permits, setting up finances and healthcare, and enrolling in education. It offers practical information on getting started in the Netherlands and directs you to the people, companies and institutions that can help you along the way.
The articles in the guide are about the following subjects:
- Survival Checklist
- Relocation: What kind of resident permit? Expat centers, Relocation service providers
- Special needs
- Housing: Renting, Buying, Popular expat locations: Amsterdam, Den Haag, Eindhoven, Maastricht, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Twente
- Setting up home: Utilities: gas, water, electricity, Communications: telephone, mobile, internet, TV, Post offices, Emergency numbers
- Employment: Work permits, Employment law, Working culture, Finding a job
- Education: Primary, secondary and higher education, International schools
- Healthcare: Health insurance, Healthcare system, Having a baby, Health services
- Finance: Bank accounts, Tax, Insurance, Financial and tax advisors
- Transport: Driving, Public transport
- Families: Family reunification permits, Au pairs, Childcare, Child benefits and allowances, Family activities, Leisure, Maturnity
- Emergency numbers
- Public holidays
You can find the latest edition of the Expat Survival Guide online at www.expatsurvivalguide.nl or ask for a hard copy.
Request a hard copy of the guide
Fill out the form below, and we will send you a hard copy of the Expat Survival Guide as soon as possible.